Saturday, August 16, 2008

Too baaaad.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATUK!
and
HAPPY SWEET 16th SOFEYA!


Firstly, regarding the WB decision in moving the HBP movie to July next year: WTFish, people. WTFish. You're all a bunch of greedy no-good wingdings. If the movie's good, even if you release it on the coldest winter night, it'll top the box office. So what if the writer's strike killed a few things? All the other movies and tv shows pulled through OK. Heck, 2008 is a pretty good movie year in my opinion. I can sense your fear! I bet you guys think the film sucks. Well too bad. >:(

Secondly, hey guys, SA now gives you your homework online! Yippie-kay-yay. *waves white flag miserably*

Oh, I borrowed Breaking Dawn from Sab. It was a very spur-of-the-moment thing; she happened to have the book, but Tarsha was absent, so couln't pass to her. So I took it instead. Haven't read it yet. I just don't have the mood. :(

By the way, I finished reading Nightrise a few days ago. SPOILERS ahead. I thought it was really good. :) My favourite of the series so far. The story starts off a few weeks before the ending of the second book, with Scott and Jamie Tyler instead of the protagonist of the first two books, Matt Freeman. They both have powers; they can read minds, and they've got the whole Jedi-mindtrick deal going on. xD

Anyway, Scott gets kidnapped by the Nightrise Corporation, a company that supports the return of the Old Ones (basically, the evil bad guys). Jamie, lost and confused, ends up getting help from Alice McGuire, a woman who's searching for her son Danny, who was also kidnapped by the company. Horowitz's writing is simple, but effective; I can see everything clearly in my mind. Very good stuff. And the plot is finally starting to come together, giving us a clear picture of just what exactly is happening in this series.

So far, Jamie is my favourite of the Five; Matt is too much of a classic hero for me, and Pedro comes in second. We don't see too much of Scott from the book, but he comes off as the troubled one of the group, if you ask me. The fifth one, the girl, is Scarlett ... but I'm not sure whether I'll like her yet, because we've only met her 'past self'. And the indication is that she might turn out to be the one who does an anti-hero ... but I won't know till the next book, coming out in October.

No comments: