Friday, August 15, 2008

Here starts the month of Merdeka.

Spent most of today sticking many sheets of paper into my komsas book, to pass up. There were so many papers, and no time to paste, and I panicked towards the end of the day when the junior prefects came to halau us to the hall for Merdeka celebration. No offence, juniors, but I now know the feeling when I halau-ed my own non-prefect seniors last year ... yeah, I feel their pain. They could have expressed it a lot more politely though.

So when I went down to the hall, it was packed, I was late, and feeling miserable to boot. I cheered up slightly after chatting to Hamizah about NS, and groaning over the fact that we'll have to kawat when we go next year. But I still wasn't in the mood, y'know? I waved the little Jalur Gemilang they gave me, but there was absolutely no feeling.

Then they started playing the songs. And y'know what? They are my favourite part about Merdeka celebrations. I was always the little kid who adored being patriotic; I got so excited when celebrations started and I always sang the words at the very top of my lungs. And some of that feeling came back when they played my personal favourite, Tanggal 31. Sure, call me lame and geeky, but I always threw a bit of a tantrum when they didn't play it the past few years at school.

It seriously cheered me up. I was singing in the worst off-key voice imaginable (I never realised I was so terrible at reaching that particular note; thank god everyone was too loud to hear me!) and waving the little flag and jumping whenever the song reached the climax point of MERDEKA!.

After school, I could hear Papa cheering at the TV - the Malaysian track cyclist managed to beat US. I think it was a qualifying round, I'm not sure. Then after tuition, I heard Papa yelling again - this time it was badminton, and it was soooo good. (Papa in the background: YES! YES!) Yup, still doing good.

Papa in background: YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHH YEEAAAAHHHH YEEESSSSS!

DUDE! MALAYSIA GOT IN THE FINALS! WHOOT. :D

SMS from Ms. M: Yahoo!

YESSSSSSS.
You go, Malaysia. KEEP IT UP.

No comments: