Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Epic, tragic, book-buying

It's been a week of school. And just when I announced to Iffah, during Agama class:

"It's 2 o'clock. My eyes can't stay open. I don't think I can take it anymore."

The class finishes and the brilliant news starts to spread, written unmistakably in the paper handouts ...

School now officially ends at 2 o' clock. We have been saved fifty minutes of extra school-ness. This is very awesome. I am relieved and happy. :D

In other news, I am reading Twilight. Yes. After long hours of furious self-arguments, looking at the horde of fanarts on Deviantart, passing the Featured bookshelf at MPH and violent coin-flipping, I finally bought the book.

After Mira persuaded me, that is. On two separate occasions.

So why was I so ... hesitant at buying the book? Well, lots of reasons. For one, it's too dang popular. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not against popular stuff. I like Harry Potter, Spongebob ... life, in general. But the thing about Twilight is that it's like some epic love story.

I have read epics. I have read love stories. Both together? Only as subplots. So you have to understand that by buying this book, I'm automatically committing myself to an entire series about pretty much the same thing: Edward/Bella epic-tragic-emo romance. And some fantasy swirly magicky vampire-y stuff.

And I do end up being very sarcastic when it comes to romance. Pardon me. xD

And the second thing? Edward Cullen is thrown about so frequently nowadays, I could stand on a canteen bench and holler "Edward CULLLEN!!!" at the top of my lungs and people will squeal. To which I say that I can't blame them, because, well, I can see why they're so crazy over him.

So, being three-quarters through the book - I will write a proper thought-post about how I feel about the story after I'm done - I just have to say so far that it's interesting. Yup.

Ps. I am very happy, Hannah. ;D

Sara-who-is-on-a-reading-kick

No comments: