Monday, December 10, 2007

My Chemical Romance - Live in KL

Guess where I went yesterday?

I'll give you a three letter guess: M ... C ... R.

Got it yet? :D

Papa, Mira and I went to Stadium Merdeka at around 6.20 pm. The place was packed! There stalls around the outside of the stadium, selling t-shirts and food and stuff. Our seats were on the benches, which means that we get to sit down if we want to, but the stage will be the size of a matchbox. We got into the stadium just as Pop Shuvit were performing, and at that point the only ones jumping around and screaming were the people right in front of the stage.

After Pop Shuvit went off, the lights facing the audience were turned on, so nobody could see what was going on on the stage itself. It was 7 pm around that time.

Finally, after more than a half hour, the lights went off, and the crowd went wild. That's when we could hear the guitar playing - then the stage burst into light, and How I Disappear started playing. Halfway through the concert, after one of the songs, one note was played. Just one note. The very first one leading to Welcome To The Black Parade. And everyone exploded! It was AWESOME.

Mira and I took pictures, but since that we were pretty far off and the camera zoom could only go so far, everything is just a blur of lights and colour. We could see pretty well actually. Although the band were like fairly large ants to us. I spent most of the time watching the screen on either side of the stage.

Here're the best of what we took last night. If you squint, and maybe lean forwards a little more ... you can just make out the band members on stage. :p I tweaked them a little on PSP9 so that they'll be a tad bit clearer. Sorry folks, if you're lookin' for hi-res full-blown pics, I suggest you look through some other blogs. ;)





You don't have to try squinting here ^, the concert ended already. :p





So there you have it. :) My very first concert! It drizzled through the entire thing, so if you weren't wet from sweating, you were wet from the rain. The band was great. Almost too solid, Papa said. They played all the songs except two from the Black Parade album, and a few from their old albums, like Helena.

I wouldn't mind living through it again. -nodnod-

I-do-wish-they'd-played-Disenchanted-though-Sara

Ps. I just went to look at MCR's Myspace page, and one of the comments cracked me up. Yesterday, Gerard Way called themselves the 'American Sex Boys'. Which was a hoot, I tell you. Anyway, I look through the comments, and a Malaysian dude said thanks for the concert and called them the American Sex Boys. Another commenter replied that with:

'
"american sex boys". . .?
what ?

sometimes your fans say the weirdest things.'

xD

No comments: