Saturday, December 22, 2007

Celebrations, then a book.

Firstly, Selamat Hari Raya to everyone who celebrate it. :) A little late on the wishing, but better late than never, right?

Secondly, my computer has been fixed. To which I say 'yes, it wasn't working before this' and 'YESSSSSS SCOOOOORRREEE.'

Ahem.

Now all I have to do is install all my old stuff, like Limewire, CreativeMedia, PSP and so on. I'd love to install Sims2, but, well, my computer seems to hate it. Gah.

I finished reading Mad Dogs a couple of nights ago - spoilers coming up, so if you're fussy, don't read anymore. It's very ... packed. xD James gets into the usual amount of trouble (he wasn't hospitalized this time around though) and we get some more scary gut-clenching violence (slashed apart by machetes, anyone?). Oh, and James loses his virginity. And not to his girlfriend. Some girl came unto him during the mission. Poor guy was sorta taken by surprise. At the end of the book, he tells Dana sorry, that he accidentally kinda had sex with someone.

And Dana was all, what, were you walking down the street minding your own business, and somehow tripped over some naked girl?

It was a hoot, I tell you. Oh, and I guess I'm being kind of vague here ... the book is the eight in the CHERUB series, which is basically about James Adams, who is a teen agent working under a child version of the secret services. The organisation takes in orphaned children and trains them to be secret agents. Very cool stuff. Not for younger readers, because of: violence, profanity and sexual themes.

And get this. Our beloved hero is only fifteen. His younger sister, who is also a main character? She's twelve. Oi vey.

Sara-who-has-now-moved-on-to-another-book

No comments: