Saturday, December 8, 2007

At Hulu Langat

Went to Sg. Congkak this morning. Papa did a barbecue, Mama helped him and me and the sibs fooled around in the water, which was FREAKING COLD. I had my goggles with me, so I scootched around with half my head underwater watching the fish fighting the current. There was one fish with a bloody face. Looked incredibly freaky. I named it BFF - Bloody-Faced Fish. :D

After like, half an hour splashing around, Mira and I got up to eat the first of the barbecue. Steak and chicken. Yumm. Mira was shivering, and her lips were blue. She asked Papa about hypothermia, and he said that it could happen in sungais too and Mira started freaking out about how cold she was. xD There were two cats under the little pondok we rented. We fed them bits of fat from the steaks and named them Sungai and Congkak. ^^

A while after that, Papa's friend, Uncle Zailan came with his family and he started making a dam out of the river rocks. There was only one opening left for all the water to go now, and that made it very fast. We took our floats and went cruising down the mini-rapid, bump de-bump bump. I now have a bruise throbbing at the base of my spine. ^^;

All in all it was loads of fun. I literally stuffed myself with food, went splashing about, dragged myself out and stuffed myself, over and over again. Ahh, life.

I'm halfway through reading The Runner, and I gotta say that it is an incredibly angry little book. I keep saying out loud while I'm reading it, "Chill, dude!" xD

This-blog-needs-a-playlist-Sara

No comments: