Monday, April 27, 2009

Tapirs! And a puppy.

First off, Happy World Tapir Day!
And Happy Birthday to Fifi and Jess! :D

Back to the tapirs ...

Tapirs are large herbivores that belong to the Tapirdae family, of the Perissodactyla order of mammals. Four species of tapir exist on the planet today, all of which are endangered.
Info yanked from the World Tapir Day website. :)

Speaking of furry critters, I climbed into a longkang this evening to rescue a puppy. I heard it yapping while I was cycling. Found it wandering around in the deep drain, looking miserable and with a bad leg. I followed it around for a bit till it settled down to rest. Then I cycled back home, got Nazim and came back for a rescue mission.

I got into the longkang and tried to pick it up, but it kept moving away. It growled at me too. Heh. I followed it some 2 meters through a dusty spiderwebby tunnel, then it went into a bigger drain with a much lower roof. So I climbed out, crossed the road and checked under the longkang there -

And it was gone.
Seriously. It wasn't there anymore.
Nazim and I ran around in circles looking for it, but gosh knows what small ceruk it crawled into. So we left after ten minutes. Just a while ago, Mama went out for a while and came back saying she heard dog noises yapping. She said she's been hearing those sounds for days now! D: Poor puppy. Hopefully, next time I hear it again it'll let me carry it out.

Today is definitely going into my ECS journal project, man. Too eventful not to. xD

No comments: