Thursday, April 30, 2009

Making rainbows

I baked rainbow cupcakes today. :D

Got the idea last week while surfing on Deviantart. Someone had made a layered cake with all the colours of the rainbow and covered it in blue icing and fluffy white cloud shapes. So when you cut up the sky, you got a rainbow inside. It was gorgeous. So Mama and I attempted it this morning.

Our tools.

Step 1: Violet.

Step 2: Yellow. Hehe. Sri Aman colours.

Step 3: Orange.

Step 4: Blue.

Step 5: Pink. It was supposed to be red. But I put too little colouring.

Step 6: Green.

Last layer is normal cupcake-y colour.

Baking!

Success!

Every cupcake cup has a different rainbow pattern on it. So awesome.

How do you like your cupcake icing?
With chocolate sprinkles ...

Rainbow sprinkles ...

Or both? Hehe.

I'll be bringing what's left of the batch next week to college. I tried to rescue as many as I could, 'cause my siblings sort of ... didn't stop coming to the kitchen to grab a piece. Haha.

Ps. Went to MPH warehouse sale again. Geehee. Bought another 6 books. I found a 1980's Teen Titans graphic novel for only 20 bucks!! It was a steal! Haha.

Ps.2 Happy birthday to Li Jing and Nigel, my two NS pals. Have a rocking good time and welcome to the Legal Club! :D

No comments: