Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Year 2008

Well, since that I won't be around for the New Year, I'm making my NY post now. A list of bests and worsts, along with a summary of how the year treated me. :)

SPM - Meh. I'll just say what I've been telling countless relatives and friends of the family for the past month: "It was OK". I didn't feel like dying, but it wasn't the most awesome thing in the world. What can I say? Glad it's over.

School - Haha ... Ko-ku wise, it was pretty good. I finally got that certificate I've been working for the past 5 years. I got some good posts, good certs to back-up my future education and some good experience. Working in HU for Pn. A was horrendous, but I guess I learned something: Paperwork sucks worse than actually getting people to do things so that I'll have paperwork to begin with. xD

Class-wise, frankly, kinda sucked. xD A lot of little quarrels, and by the end of the year, everyone was tense. Overall, it was bearable. The teachers' nagging was the worst. Drove me around the bend. I'm glad that's over with. But I'll miss you guys. :( Ya'll knew how to have fun.

Social - GAH MY FRIENDS ARE AWESOME. BEAR HUG, EVERYONE! *glomps* And also, to my juniors for being cool; proud of you guys. Keep rocking that school. Carry out the pranks and hijinks that I never had the chance to do. Don't tell Pn. M I put you guys up to it. ;)

World Events - Some good, some bad. Some ridiculous. But this is the world, we're talking about. We're all crazy. Yeah. Persoanlly, I've been pretty sick of some of the stuff that kept popping up in the newspapers this year. xD

Now, for the stuff I've enjoyed, whether or not it was released this year, or a century ago:
Movie - Dark Knight. Wowee it was awesome.
TV Show - Friends. I crack a rib laughing.
Cartoon/Anime - Avatar: The Legend of Aang. I've never felt this much love for a cartoon before.
Singer - I don't have favourites.
Band - Fall Out Boy. Still love their songs.
Book - Pendragon: Raven Rise. Had to think a lot about this. But yeah, that book was awesome. The ending especially.
Character - Prince Zuko. Please, don't make him Jesse McCartney. He's too badass! D:
Song(s) - The Man Who Can't Be Moved (The Script), Love Story (Taylor Swift), What A Catch, Donnie (Fall Out Boy)

And now, for the worst (or least liked):
Movie - Over Her Dead Body. Seriously. I actually thought of all the books I could be studying while watching it. It was boring.
TV Show - 90210. Blech. They can't act.
Cartoon/Anime - Most of the crap on Cartoon Network.
Singer - Hmm. Soulja Boi. I hate his music with a passion rivalling the ardent love of a thousand Romeos and Juliets.
Band - Hmm. None.
Book - Eh, Darren Shan's books. I just don't feel it.
Character - Heh. Bella. No offence, peoples. I just really don't like her.
Song(s) - That one Soulja Boi song. And anything by Sean Kingston. xP

Special Mention - Goes to the Twilight series. Neither in the worst or best, it gave me the most entertainment this year. What a ride. xD

Here's a special category, What I would dress up as at a costume party after going through the year 2008: Sabriel, from the Old Kingdom trilogy. Makes me wish there really was a costume party going on, so I could dress up for it. xD

Summary - A good year, once all is said and done. I had fun. Learnt some stuff about myself. Learnt some stuff about people around me. I have great friends, and a good end to high school life. I'll miss everyone from school. We'll see each other in March when the results come out. ;) This was also the year that Tarsha talked me into watching anime. Thanks, man. I'm still iffy about most of the styles, but you helped me open my mind a bit.

I had more to say, but I can't remember. xD So. Here's to an even better year, 2009.

No comments: