Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Time Capsule

I've noticed that every year since Form 3, I've had class quads. As in three people I spend most of my class-time with. In Form 3, it was Nad, Hannah and Iffah. In Form 4, it was Ling Shin, Tarsha and Chan. In Form 5, it was Sophie, Iffah and Nazia. I wish I could get a picture of all of us, together, but that doesn't look like anytime soon. So this is the closest thing; sure, the photo's a little shaky, but these are 4 of the 8 people who have made the biggest impact on my secondary school life. What can I say? I love you guys. <3 onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh2BPGSKzAMzPAZvQp4BxEqU3Tr72MEJvt6vAtJyQ-LjCrjuW7lw3nhYzBpMqTmV9abNLG_RRQ-rej1RaeQp62VsVpt8GpgNVFTeYX4NpbPqo-Uk3yk945rj_F91hzFq5W6_lo0_LqMBA/s1600-h/Picture+004.jpg">
So. Prom. My first one ever.

The night started out with me completely losing my cool with my make-up and hair. As most people know, I'm not a make-up sorta gal, and my hair at its best is held in place with a fancy hairband. Mira did my hair, and everyone worked on my makeup. It's official that I am a very bad make-up reciever. xD

Reached Sime Darby Convention Centre a little before 8. It was mind-numbingly cold. Matches the 'Frozen In Time' theme I guess. ;) Ean and Azura were our hosts for the evening, something I had not expected. They were cool. I toyed with the idea of saying hi to Azura, y'know ... telling her how I'd always watch Disney Buzz on Sunday mornings ... in my pjs. xD Or just say hi. But never got the chance. Maybe one day.

Anyhoo, the performances were great. They gave me good enough reasons to say, love thy local artists. So that was good. Helps that quite a few of them were quite cute. What can I say, there were a lot of good-looking chaps in that hall. Pity majority of them are taken. LOL. The Reza Salleh dude was particularly good. Strong voice, nice music, sweet lyrics. I'mma look his myspace up in a mo. See if I can find his other songs.

When people started slow-dancing, I tried to drag some of the girls up to just sway, y'know, since that we were all date-less. I mean, there was a boy-couple dancing up there together, since that they didn't have dates. Cute.

There also games. Or, uh, a game. The 'scavenger hunt' didn't really work (although I was pretty interested in seeing the results of the 'find a guy with a six pack' prompt) but we continued with the celebrity lookalike contest. The male winner was a Datuk K lookalike. I KID YOU NOT. Azura called him up, and actually made a surprised squeak when he made his way to the front. He turned to the audience and everyone burst into cheers and laughter. It was so cool.

The real dancing didn't start until 11 when everyone took over the dance floor and Atlas (a band) started playing. That was the best part. The lead singer had the wackiest dance moves. xD His expression kept reminding me of Brendan Urie, but other than that, doesn't look like him. But he was amusing. All of us - me, Nad, Hannah, Sophie, Huda, Aidil, Iffah - were dancing in a sort of little circle, doing crazy dance moves. Then someone started a conga line which snaked through the hall.

In the end, we were all exhausted and sweaty. Hannah and I sang A Night To Remember (yes, from the HSM3 movie. So sue me. xD) as we made our way to the front door. And sure, it was a night to remember. Had a real blast. Met some people I haven't seen in a while (shout out to Priscilla and Nisa! *waves*) and ... well, felt like a girl. But mostly, had a rocking good time with people I hold dear. :)

No comments: