Sunday, December 14, 2008

Klaklakakalatu

Bought Creature In The Case by Garth Nix. A sort of short book (for World Book Day) about how Nick Sayre ends up going back to the Old Kingdom after the events in Abhorsen. SPOILERS onwards. Just for the next paragraph.

Anyway, he meets Lirael in the very last few pages of the book, and she saves his life. And well ... who else thinks that they would make a great couple together? Nick seems to really care for her, and the way he kept re-reading her letter to him in the book made me ... well, get inclinations, so to speak. I mean, I toyed with the idea back when I started reading the Lirael book, when we first meet Sam and Nick. And the way she keeps tumbling over her words at the end of the Creature etc. book while talking to him made me want more. Dang it, Garth Nix! You write endings like beginnings! And you don't tell us what happens next! GRARR. But then again, maybe that's why your books are so good in the first place.

I hope he's writing a sequel. I hopehopehopehope. Other Old Kingdom readers out there, what do you think?

In other news, spent past few days having fun outside home. Slept at Nad's house on Friday, which was awesome. Watched a couple movies, slept at 3.30 in the morning then went swimming. Watched The Day The Earth Stood Still (which was pretty boring) with Acu and Mira. Then slept over at Ara, my grandparents' house.

Watched My Sassy Girl for the 2nd time (first at Nad's) which is this really cute romance that made me cry. Seriously. It's sweet. A little sad. Based on a Korean movie, but due to my complete obliviousness to all things Korean and Japanese, I know nothing about it. IMDb seems to hate it because of it being yet another Hollywood adaptation, but personally, I found it very sweet. I could watch it forever, I wouldn't mind. :)

Also watched Pride and Prejudice for like, the 5th time. The Keira Knightley one. I never get tired of it.

Then this morning, I woke up with rashes. D: Which is really weird. My whole body is covered with them. Itches like crazy, so Acu gave me some cream for it. It's sort of similar to something I had back in Form 1. It'll go away in a few days, but for the meantime, it's really annoying. Mama thinks its a bug-bite. Some sort of small mite creature.

Prom's tomorrow. Hope it doesn't itch so bad then.

Also went to Taylor's College open day, for their PJ campus. I really really like their course structure for Mass Comm. I can't think of anywhere else (not many diploma courses ... lots of foundation mostly) and I can only think of UiTM. But Atuk rathers that I not go there 'cause ... well, he's got reasons.

I'm pretty set on Taylor's at the mo though. But I'll be sending in my application after NS, so I have some time to think.

No comments: