Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Do I Dazzle Thee? Yeth? Noth?

So, the post-SPM outing was awesome. Super duper awesome. 11 of us. We nearly took up the entire row.

So. Twilight. The movie.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being "watch if you're intent on going through a few brainwashing therapy sessions" and 10 being "SO AWESOME, WATCH IT EVERYDAY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE", I rate it a 4.

SPOILERS
, btw.

Because really, I'll be honest and say that I had a lot more faith in the movie than the book series (all faith in them flew out the window when I reached Bella's emo session in New Moon) so yeah ... Not that great. xD Before I continue, I remind everyone that this is my opinion. You can all have yours. IMDb, for example, has reviews ranging from the 1 to 10 I was talking about in the previous paragraph. :)

Anyway. Here's the score:

Plot: Actually, a remarkable lot better than the book, which made me want to die, with all the bombastic words. Listen, I take forever to get through Jane Austen. Anything like it, or trying to be like it? My system can't take it. xD So, 7/10.

Characters: Eh. What can I say? Bella's loads nicer here than in the book. The schoolboys are adorable, makes me want to run in there and high five all of them. Carlisle was just how I imagined him. And Charlie? Best damn character in the entire movie. And I found Jasper cute. I liked the whole "... the one who looks like he's in pain is Jasper. [pan to Jasper's semi-constipated face]" Now, the ... person everyone has been waiting for. Bring out Mr. Eddy Currents please!
Oh wait, that's Physics. My bad. SPM still leaving traces. So yeah. Edward is ... Edward. The look of constant constipation on his face was amusing though. And when he sucked on Bella's arm ... reminded me of Scout when he's trying to gnaw my toes off in one of his hyper kitten moods. xD 5/10.

Soundtrack: AWESOMESAUCE. Ridiculously lovely. Loved Edward's lullaby. Need to download arisiiinnggg ... 9/10

Story Flow: Blegh. Felt like dying whenever Bella and Edward started getting romantic. So slow. I actually had time to have a full conversation with Tarsha beside me during one of their intense stare into each other's eyes fests. 4/10.

Special Effects: Not bad. Pretty obvious how they did it, but still cool. Loved the climax scene with the ballet studio. I was flinching in pain with every kick, crunch of bone and howl of pain. Fuuun. But the sparkly bit? Quite ... strange. In my imagination, every time Edward sparkled in the book, all I saw was a great, shining white blob emitting disco lights. So you understand how seeing it for real kinda confused my brain. D: But he looked like he was dipped in glitter. 5/10.

Lines: Some funny, some neutral, some ridiculously cheesy. But I really liked the whole
Bella: I want answers.
Edward: Yes. No. To get to the other side.
Please, other people who were with me ... why was I the only one laughing? That was the best line in the entire film. I loved it. I was giddy with glee. xD

So, there you go. There were more nice parts to balance out the boring ones though. So that was alright. And the setting was gorgeous. Bloody cold-looking, but gorgeous.

That's it for now. Going to Bandung tomorrow. See ya'll in half a week. :)

No comments: