Thursday, February 21, 2008

Epic awesomeness anyone?

So, I've just finished my week-long Avatar marathon. Well, it ain't a marathon really, more like watch-whenever-I-have-time-over-the-course-of-a-week. But yes! I've watched it all!

Now all I have to do is wait for the next episode to air. It's late, because of ... well, the writers 'strike. But the writers' strike's over! Sooo, new episode!

Soon.

Oh yeah, and a new Gossip Girl episode too.

Butbutbut. I think I've just recruited myself into the fandom. Avatar is FUN. I've been looking for a fantasy book with awesome characters and wicked plot twists, and I've found it in TV SHOW FORM. Which is even more fun, because I get to WATCH all the awesome-ness. Which in turn makes me so happy, I could do a happy dance right now.

Anyhow, for anyone who's really in the dark right now and don't subscribe to Nickelodeon, Avatar's a cartoon show. Which is somewhat anime-ish? But whatever, the art is pretty and nobody runs around with eyes too big for their bodies. It's about this alternate dimension where the world is split into four kingdoms, air, water, earth and fire. The avatar is a person who controls all four elements, and is responsible for keeping the balance in the world.

But the latest avatar, Aang, is just a little kid. He's scared out of his mind, so he puts himself into a hundred year-long hibernation - waking up only to find that the world is at war. So he sets off to learn to control the elements so that he can defeat the evil Fire Lord Ozai and save the world, etc. with his gang of friends (at the beginning, his pet bison Abba, water-bender Katara, her brother Sokka and a flying lemur, Momo).

Only problem is, everyone's out to get him. Like, for real. The fire nation is out looking for him to hold him prisoner, angry citizens blame him for disappearing for a hundred years and a shamed fire nation prince, Zuko is hunting him down to 'restore his honour'. Not only that, but he has to learn to control all four elements by summertime ... which is less than a year away.

In other words, pretty heavy stuff.

It's got everything I could ever ask for! Powerful elements, classic hero, fun best friends, cute animals, gut-clenching plot, hilarious-to-laugh-at anti-hero ... GAH, I'm so happy. ;;_;;

But just for the record, I have no ships as of yet. Aang and Katara is cute, but I find it a little ... weird (and I find Katara annoying), Zuko and Katara is all kinds of wicked cool, but he's an awful boyrfriend and she's still annoying -shrugs- ... but heyyyy. Sokka and Suki are definitely going to happen, and they're fun to watch. Whee, I think I've found it.

And I know this is silly, because everyone's drowning in work and can't do much online, but if you get the chance, ---> watch it <---. Seriously. I need someone to talk to about it. :]

Sara-who-can't-wait-for-the-next-episode

No comments: