Friday, March 20, 2009

PLKN Flashback: Misty mornings

Took this on a very, very misty morning. Mid-February.
One thing about camp; when the mist comes along, you can't see a thing. You could stand on the padang kawad, and it's like you're standing on an island inside a cloud.
On this morning, we were supposed to practice kawad for the competition. In the end, only the boys practiced because us girls came down at 6.30 a.m. to practice, before morning roll call at 7.30. Now I remember ... it was a weekend.
Boys goofing around. They were doing some kind of squatting exercise. Moment they were done, they started ROFLing. xD
Mist lifted a bit by this point. Girls went back to dorm early, but Yen and I hung around to watch the boys kawad. It's awesome how they can do it so well, in perfect synchronization. Everytime we girls do it, we end up looking clumsy and fast-forwarded. xD
The only other Sri Amanian who reported to camp. xD Seriously, I don't know what I'd do without her. The first week in camp was absolute crap. Barely knew anyone and felt like crying everytime I thought of home. Even though we only got to talk when we went down to the surau and during breaks from CB class, you seriously made my days easier, Hamizah. :) Thanks for being there ... listening to all of my ramblings and complaining and sharing my thoughts on almost everything.
Yet another person I wouldn't have been able to survive without ... my dorm-buddy, Yen. We were the first two people to step into D2. We walked back and forth to logistics together, that first week. When I got elected ketua dorm, she helped me out, gave me advice. She got me to think straight when my brain was a complete mess and when I was PMS-ing and thinking about too many things at once.
We became like siamese twins, the way we went around camp. It helped that she was Chinese and I was Malay ... when we sat down together in DM, nobody had any reason to separate us. xD When things went cuckoo inside the company, she had the guts to make diabolical schemes to fix things. I was never bored. We always had some crazy little plot we were working on together. And she is an excellent 'digger'. We were the most well-informed trainess in camp. I went from being a total blurcase in Sri Aman to 'I know something youuu don't!' :D in Indera Pahlawan. No duh I was still a blurcase, but Yen kept me well-informed. Haha.
So, one more time, to the best dorm/camp/company-buddy I could ever ask for ... thanks for everything, and 'I lap u'. Haha. All the best now that you're starting college!The four pangkat girls of DELTA. From left to right, Jamie, Yen, One (Wan) and me. We had a rocking good time together. That very last night in camp, we were the last four in the dorm to sleep. We didn't want to sleep, really. We played UNO, prank-called people (if you could call it that ... it's kinda hard to fool people at 3 in the morning) and lay around trying to stay awake. Yen was the first to pass out. Jamie and I thought of squeezing Colgate onto her face, but we ended up falling asleep 45 minutes after her so that plan failed. One was the last to fall asleep. I still don't know what time she admitted defeat. xD
The 8 pangkat people of DELTA. From left to right, top to bottom: Mizan, Arun, Zizan, Samad, me, Yen, One and Jamie. DELTA is the best company when it comes to the buddy-buddy relationship between the wira and wirawati. Mostly thanks to Cikgu Gee for holding meetings on a regular basis and encouraging us to interact with each other. Ironically, it was the 'denda' we got for losing our flag that brought us closer together. From writing the surat kiriman rasmi asking for our flag back to the bizarre and awesome majlis peminangan bendera to our partnered kawad sessions and the DELTA jamuan on our last Monday ... I couldn't ask for a better company, Alhamdulillah.
The Weekend Joggers' Club. Haha. Another reason why DELTA is tight I suppose. Regular joggers are DELTA people. The most regular being me, Yen and Mubin. In the photo, top to bottom, left to right: Me, Yie Ping, Yayi, Mubin, Yen and Shean. We have no PT pagi for weekends, so roll call is always at 7.30 a.m. Anybody who feels like jogging just come up at the normal 6.30 time slot, jog around for a while then hang around waiting for the others to march their way up. I think jogging would be the main reason I lost 10 kilos while I was at camp (!!!).

Random photo of us getting the 'gifts' ready for the DELTA jamuan. Me, One, Hasbi (can't see him, he's hiding behind One), Cikgu Gee, Zizan, Yen, Sheda and Din. This was the start to DELTA lepaking in the DM towards the end of our camp days. We didn't have any activities, so you can imagine our boredom. So a certain number of us just ... never went back to dorm until time came to bathe. Haha. Good times.

Shedding our responsibilities. Green for DELTA, blue for BRAVO, red for ALPHA, yellow for CHARLIE and the remaining two for the penghulu and penghuluwati.

More in the future! Yea, I'm just indulging myself with these posts. It's been a week and I've finally shed off some of the 'gah I miss camp D:' feelings. But there's just a little, titchy ... OK, not so titchy bit still in me.

No comments: