Thursday, March 19, 2009

PLKN Flashback: Nice place you got here.

So. This is where I spent 27th December 2008 to 11th March 2009.

Yes, I'm finally doing the update. xD I'm still not very sure how to do this ... I brought a journal to camp and it's less than ten pages short of a full book ... and that's because two weeks of events is missing from it. What can I say, I ran out of free writing time at some point.

First off, the view of the camp!First glimpse on the way in. That's the padang kawad on the left.


View of the wirawati dorms and the surau from the padang kawad. My dorm is the one right next to the surau. Best view in the house, can see everything in camp.Here's the lake. The random people are on the road headed for the Dewan Makan. Between the dorms and lake is the kembara halangan ... obstacle course.

Aaand ... here are the wira dorms. The girl and guy dorms are separated by the surau, volleyball courts, sepak takraw courts and a longkang. Hehe. Oh, and the zinc wall surrounding the girls' blocks.

View from the path snaking away from the classroom blocks. My dorm corridor. Taken on the last day ... err, morning. We had to be at the DM (dewan makan) by 6.
The DELTA flag! A little worse for wear ... the paint cracked over time.
The dudettes I shared a dorm (D2) with during our 2 1/2 months. In no particular order: Yen, Shanti, Yunalis, Fang, Nia, Mani, Atul, Pei Ying, Ummi, Bibah, Faizah, Mok, Azie, Aimira, Fatimah, Miera, Ekin, Arma, Yoong, Tem Mee, Sun, Yayi and Yie Ping.My locker! Yes that is a flying cat.Full celoreng. You can't see it, but the inside of the pants read: "Sara K. Ikmal WWD2-02". My ID number. xD
Some of the DELTA girls. Both D1 and D2 in this picture.Red card I got because of my bad ankle. It acted up every few weeks while I was there. But I only got the red card the very last time it hurt, on a Thursday. Haha. Wore it for two days, during which Yen became my tongkat for the only reason that wirajaya was on Saturday and the kawad competition was on Monday. Speediest recovery I ever made. xD

More photos to come! And some tidbits on life at camp. :D

No comments: