Sunday, March 22, 2009

PLKN Flashback: Sing until your lungs give out

Wirawati D2-02.
I like to think that it sounds just a little bit like R2-D2.
Just a little bit.
Heh.

Anyway, one month's worth of a trainee's life in NS will be spent sitting in a class doing CB. That is, character-building. I have no photos of that era, sadly. Mostly because I only had a big honking film camera and you're actually not allowed to bring it into class in the first place. Apparently, everything we learnt is top secret hush-hush material. Haha.

But it was a good time. I was in CB class 3. Was in two different groups:
3G - Andy, Jordan, Ah Yaw, Khairi, Mat, Ruby, Yoong, Shanti and Wani. This was definitely the most fun I had in CB. It was the first time I realised that there is a Malay version of Wonderpets. HAHA. Yeaaah. What can I say, I just don't watch channel 9.
M-Pro - Nina, Aini, Afif, Keat, Shih Wyi, Mani, NC, Shean (not sure about the spelling) and Andy again. Not quite as rocking as 3G, but still alright. My buddy was Shi Wyi. Since we had to get partners for the second module. All about learning how to help another person and stuff like that.

Now, lemme introduce you to ...
Drumroll please.
Chiki Chiki Pom Pom.
Of Integrasi class 2.
Matthew, Ram, Zizan, Azie, Anis, Yenli, Yunalis, me, Hasbi and Sham.

This was the most fun I had in a class. Insane, I tell you. I laughed till the tears started flowing. This was also where I think the whole situation with the friendship between DELTA wira and wirawati sort of came to be. My group had the highest concentration of DELTArians in the entire class. Other DELTA people in class included Yen, Pei Ying, Dhila, Mubin, Din, Izzat, JF, CH ... there were more I think, can't remember who.

Special credit goes to Zizan (of all people) for coming up with our awesome group name. Nobody had any idea what to name it. I had a marker pen, and an A4 sheet of paper was waiting on the floor. We were all throwing names around. But nothing sounded ... right. Suddenly, Zizan says, in complete and utter seriousness,
"Chiki Chiki Pom Pom."
There was a pause.
Different people at different intervals: Chiki Chiki Pom Pom?
Zizan: *nods head seriously* Chiki Chiki Pom Pom.
Another pause.
Hasbi: *cracks up laughing* Saya setuju!

And so, Chiki Chiki Pom Pom was born.Doing the chicken dance. Cikgu Ruby wanted to teach everyone how to do it, but I guess time constraints ... etc. killed it. But I know how to do it, and Hasbi knows how to do it ... so when we had to do a group performance at the end of our five days in Integrasi class ...
We did the chicken dance!I did the music. Hasbi lead the dance.
Haha.

There were some fun projects in the class. One was ... the wedding ceremony. Supposed to be a demonstration of how the different races get married.

The Indian wedding. Take note that none of the brides are ... well, not all of them are women. xDThe Chinese wedding.

The Malay wedding was done by my group along with Fantastic Crew.
'Parents' of the 'bride'. Me and Mubin.'Parents' of the 'groom', JF and Yunalis.The 'groom', Zizan Haikal bin Adam and Hasbi as the tuk kadi.
And the lovely 'bride', Sham Shaza binti Mubin! xDThe happy couple. :D

We also had to do funerals. My group did Chinese funeral ... Izzat as the corpse. Not as laugh-inducing as the weddings, but we still had a good laugh.I think you can see why.
My 'hat' kept falling into my face. And everytime we were supposed to cry, we ended up in stitches instead.

But yeah, we had a lot of fun times. Mubin's camera and his collection of photos of sleeping people. Yunalis and the cute little dance she made while singing the Chiki2 Pom2 cheer. Sham and his insane laugh. Infectious! xD And the little dulu-dulu sing-along sessions Hasbi, Zizan, Azie, Yunalis and I would have when we ran out of stuff to do and the teacher wasn't paying much attention. We were the rowdiest group in class, the reason why the teacher kept asking us to go up first whenever presentation time came around. Hehe.

Yunalis and the baby Rubik's cube she spent days on trying to fix. xD I wanted to give it a try, but I was worried I'd be clumsy and break the little thing.

Next up, maybe a recap of how my days in Kenegaraan class went. :D

No comments: