Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Loch Ness Monster sized spoilers, lol.

So I've been hopping around, poking my nose in the business of fictional characters, if you will. Fun stuff, gossiping about fictional characters. For one, they'll never hunt you down and gossip about you back. Which is why I believe it is a reasonably safe hobby. (insert LOL here)

So I read a couple of spoilers about a certain book coming out in August. Good luck finding out what book it is, there are quite a few coming out this season. All kinds of epic series continuations, y'know? So all I can say is ... if these spoilers are true, and not an incredibly fanfiction-inspired load of mumbo-jumbo, I really do pity all the fangirls of the world. And yes, the blog title does have something to do with this. But you'll only get it after you know.

Ah well. If it is true, I will have something to laugh about in these dark times (meh, it's quite bright nowadays. And hot too.). But if it is true, I want a detailed description of vampire biology. Seriously.

Whoops, did I let something slip? *whistles and moves on*

Meanwhile, there is nothing interesting to note about school. I'm actually doing very well with catching up on my homework. But now I've got studying to catch up on. GRRAHHH damn you SA formative marks.

In other news, the Commonwealth Essay Competition results are out. I got a Highly Commended, which made me extremely happy. The results were supposed to be out on Monday, but there were technical difficulties and stuff ... so I was hanging around in suspense (Yes, I am indeed lame that way.). And when they did upload, I only saw two SA girls names, juniors. And I'm all: "Oh. Well. That's OK ... I still have next year. Yeah. *sadface*"

Then I scrolled back up to see if anyone I knew from other schools got certs. Then, I saw three SA names, which I didn't see the first time around. I saw Rui Rong ... then Nahjan ... then me. And I started squealing and grabbing Mira by the shoulders and going hyper. Alhamdulillah. This was the one individual-based competition I really wanted to excel in. So yes. They got Papa's name wrong (again) but that's alright. Man, that really gave me a high.

So yes. I am quite happy at the moment.

PS. 2 days left to vote on my poll! If you haven't, please do. I'm interested in seeing the final results (even though I pretty much know what the majority likes right now, harhar.).

No comments: