Friday, July 18, 2008

Mind Trick.

So, my sanity has returned.
All it took was a nice, full dinner during which I reflected on how incredibly lucky I am; I get fantastic food everyday, I have a house, my own room, I go to school, my limbs are in perfect condition, my parents are cool, my siblings are amusing, my studies could use improving but damn it, at least I have study materials to begin with, and to top it all off like the huge freaking apple on the snowy-mountain-topped squishy-chewy chocolate cake of awesomeness, I've got friends who see me through it all.
I'd list everyone's name here, but then I'd probably forget to type someone's name out and they'll feel all torn up inside. So I'll just say this:
Every single one of you,
No matter how much conversation we've had,
No matter how often I've sat down with you,
No matter if all I ever see of you is a glimpse in the corridor,
You're all part of my life.
In some small, insignificant way, or a huge one that leaves the biggest crater in my very being.
And I'm thankful for that.

When I started typing this, I had a butt-load of other things to say. Because that one dinner wasn't the only thing to return my sanity, and I'm afraid that my spirit was given a kick in the balls (my spirit is male apparently?) while the logical part of my brain said, "Oh. I knew it. I knew it." for that to happen.
And I still feel that little ache in my heart (yes, go ahead, shoot me for the cliche) when I think about it. Because people probably think that I live in my own little fairy-tale where everything's fine and dandy. And I admit that it's true to an extent.

So, um, yeah.
Things are only bad when you think they are.

And while my brain has the attention span of a squirrel (you don't know just how much I'm geeking out about the Southern Raiders episode in my mind) and even after my return to sanity, I still had time to read a blog post on Dark Knight (and yes, I did squeal), I think it's enough posting from me today.

I'll let the rest of ya'll have one more day to try and watch the movie before me going and crowing about how awesome it was around this blog-space. :)
Ciao.

No comments: