Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Trippity Trip Trip Part 1

I've been back from the holiday for two days now, just hanging around doing nothing. I've started cycling again, what with all the food I ate in the past week. I feel heavy and frankly, uncomfortable. :p

Anyhow, we started the trip to Penang on Thursday morning, in two cars. I followed my grandparents and Acu (that's my aunty ... my dad's sister.) while the rest of my sibs went with my parents. I had fun reading the Malaysia road atlas Acu keeps in her car. We didn't need it, but I know a whole lot more map-places now.

We were somewhere along Changkat Jering's area ... roughly, I only started browsing the road atlas after this happened. Anyway, there was this landslide there in the morning, and they were clearing it up. There was a massive jam, and we were stuck in it for two whole hours! And it was for only ten kilometres. Turns out the only reason the place was so crowded was because of the drivers all slowing down to look.

We reached Penang Island ala ferry. It was pretty dark by then, so we couldn't watch the jellyfish swim by as usual. So we just looked at the lights on the island. Very pretty.

We stayed at Holiday Inn. It's at Batu Ferringgi. Right next to the beach, and in the middle of the night market! We spent what was left of the night going up and down the streets looking at knick-knacks.

The second day of the trip was the best I think. I'll write about that later ... tomorrow morning or something. I'm going to try and get the pictures we took. :)

No comments: