Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ooh, what's that lumpy thing that goes thump, thump?

The answer, my dears: A heart.

To be precise, what I really mean is a frog's heart. Yup, there has been a frog dissection in the Bio lab. Fascinating stuff. I won't go into terrible detail, but after Pn. Yong had shown us all the important bits (major organs like lungs, heart and liver) she let everyone pull on gloves and dig into what was left of Prince Charming (that's what the frog was named).

I didn't touch the little dude, just leaned over the table to watch the others explore. In the end, they sorta took out all the little frog-organs, so that we could look at the kidneys and backbone. So the heart was sitting some five inches away from the body - and it was still thumping.

Whoa.

And y'know, Pn. Yong was pretty impressed with Prince Charming, who was actually a rather fit froggie. Obviously, he'd had a lot to eat. His stomach was practically bursting. Anyhow, Prince Charming was buried after the class ended. I dunno where, because I wasn't around then.

R.I.P. Prince Charming. You've been an enlightening experience. :)

But Mira isn't very happy about that ... she's pretty pissed off at me right now, I think. She's become some sort of froggie-liberalist. I mean, I love the little guys too, but this is a learning experience. Even though I don't intend to study medicine, it's still good to know.

This-Was-Cooler-Than-The-Fish-And-Cockroach-Sara

No comments: