Monday, November 12, 2007

Ongoing Construction!

... And life goes on. School again tomorrow, which I am not thinking about. I've gotten used to this whole holiday-vibe thing. Even my biological clock is ticking to High School Musical question-songs.
One more week.

One more week.

As for the blog construction, I've given the sea-monkeys a break. They've all gone, which is way weird because everything doesn't look any different. Could be because they're imaginary ... yeah, that should be it.

I have finished reading To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. So now my count of books read on the TIME 100 Books of The 20th Century has gone up to 3/100 opposed to my previous 2/100. Celebratory stuff people. *pops Sprite bottle*

Anyhoo, the book is ... whoa. Yeah. If you look at it this way *tilts head* the story is ... pretty much about how Jem Finch broke his arm at the age of twelve. Really good stuff. I'd say more, but I'm a little rusty at giving book reviews. But here's a synopsis:

The story is from the point of view of eight-year old Jean Louise "Scout" Finch, the daughter of the one of the lawyers in the county, Atticus Finch. It pretty much details the events leading to Jem - Scout's older brother -'s broken arm. Starting from the arrival of a new friend and neighbour, Dill, leading to the children trying to make Boo Radley - who hasn't been seen for fifteen years - 'come out'. Then there is a case where a black man, Tom Robinson is accused of raping white, nineteen year-old Mayella Ewell. Atticus is given the task of defending Tom Robinson. But this is the 1930's we're talking about - black people aren't looked on to kindly in the society, so the chances of Tom Robinson going free is pretty slim.

All in all, I say, fascinating stuff. You'll have to read it to really get it. *nodnod*

That's all I got for right now, other than thinking of documentating all the movies I've ever watched in alphabetical order on this blog space. xD

Will write again when this blog has gone somewhere. Possible with a c-box and playlist going.

Currently-Bookworming-Like-Crazy-Sara

No comments: