Friday, April 4, 2008

Taxi!

I really want to blog about prefects' camp, but I'm waiting for the super-cool photos first. We went to Eagle Ranch again, and Mz. Quek got her daughter and niece to take photos while all the 'roonies ran around doing stuff. The pictures are INCREDIBLE. I'm going to get my hands on a CD and upload some in future.

In other news, Mr. Louis Palmer visited the school on Monday, the day after camp (also the day where my entire body felt like lead). He brought his solar-powered taxi along with him. I've got photos of that too, but I have to get them from other people first ... hah. Anyway, he made a pretty big impression on the lot of us (all the form 5 science classes and one form 4 science class). I know for a fact that many people have added him to their 'idol' list.

He is indeed very cool. Listen to this: Bored schoolteacher buys bicycle and cycles across Africa. A couple of years later, he buys a little aeroplane. Then, when he realised that global warming was taking its toll on the world, he got a bunch of people to help him build a solar-powered car. And now he's driving it all over the world. He said that when he arrived in Malaysia, it was raining, hard. And someone told him: "Sorry about the rain. It's hot weather right now." And he's all: "=\ Uh, hot weather. OK."

Which is true. Global warming at work, folks. I'm leaving the link to his website in my 'Webs on the Net'.

Today, a whole lot of the form 5 and 4s went to UM to watch the TESL fourth-years perform for their course project. The lighting, props and music were brilliant. I want lighting like that for drama competition. But TP isn't all that well-equipped, so oh well. But I really didn't get the ending to the second drama. Any SA-ian who understood it, please leave a note on the Conteng Wall.
<--- :) Drama on the other hand is coming along fine. We came in at 22 minutes, which is awesome considering the props people were moving slowly at the time. We're aiming for the speed last year's team managed; we were so fast, we got the heavy-furnitured scenes done in less than seven seconds. Moving on ... Mama bought Eclipse for me. She went around all over the place, looking for the flipping thing. But apparently, it's sold out in all MPH outlets and Kinokuniya. Borders only has one copy left. Only a month ago, the shelves were bursting with them. Seriously, guys! When did it get so popular? xD

No comments: