Saturday, April 12, 2008

What do these three have in common?

I've been finishing a lot of stuff this week, so I can focus on studying for mid-term next week. So what have I been doing online for so long, eh?

One, I've been watching Blood+. Which is an anime (ooh, shock, horror! Sara, since when did you watch anime?!). Like I said before, it's the trade-off Tarsha and I did. She's watching Avatar. Anyhoo, it is definitely good stuff. How can I describe it? It's a complicated story, and definitely not for the faint-hearted. The animation is good and the drawings aren't as bug-eyed as most animes, so that's what made it for me. Basically, it's about some vampire-like beings and bat-like demons ... lots of blood, and filled with enough plot-twists to kill your intestines with. It's got your classic main character, Saya, who just wants to be normal, but is willing to sacrifice herself for the good of mankind, and the generic evil twin, Diva ... whom you'll hate up until the end, where you realise that she's the product of neglection. That, and the sidekicks - especially Hagi and Kai - really grow on you by the end of the series. If you've got some free time and a sudden need for watching a serious drama with horror movie-worthy blood splatter, search for the english dubs on YouTube.

And Ghost! Ohmygosh. This my dears, is beautiful, living, breathing (*cough* pardon the contradiction) proof that Malaysians can produce rocking good tv shows. The story is about one Zack Imran (Nazrudin Rahman), a well-known celebrity who dies - and comes back as a ghost. The thing is, he has no idea who killed him. The world believes that he was killed in a horrific car crash, but he has the strange feeling that that's not true. So what's a spirit to do? Only one person, a gossip columnist for PANAS magazine, Eza Azmi (Cheryl Samad) can see him. And so begins this supernatural/mystery/thriller ... where things are not as they seem, and everyone is somehow strangely connected to Zack's death. The first season just finished airing, but you can watch it on 8tv's website. Apparently there's a second one ... but I'm honestly very unsure how they're going to continue the story. Anyhoo, take a look.

Ah, Eclipse. This series has become a pain in the neck for me ... mostly because Bella can't get Edward to put a pain in her neck. xD But I have to say, I prefer this book to Twilight and New Moon ... werewolf-vampire interactions are funny, especially if they include Jacob and Edward. Edward's a lot less hateable here, while Jacob climbs up my disappointed list. Bella somehow becomes really annoying and selfish. Everyone else ... Jasper and Rosalie in particular are now VIC ... Very Interesting Characters. Jasper especially, because he's awesome like that. And, this is what made this book the most exciting to me: we get to see some vampires get ripped to pieces. Oooh. Now that's more like it. And the ending redeemed Jacob in my eyes, just a notch ... it made me a little sad. But no matter how much I whine and complain about this series, no matter how many times I roll my eyes at it - I desperately want Edward and Bella to live happily ever after. Jacob too, but we can't have everything in the world, so ... now I can't wait for Breaking Dawn. Grarr. Can my willpower hold long enough for me to wait to read it till after SPM?

No comments: