Monday, May 19, 2008

Style-Rant

I don't like most manga/anime styles. There are very few that I don't mind looking at, or watching. I have this obsession with having to see proper facial ratios, as in eyes being reasonable shapes compared to the head. And head to body proportions.

Other than that, I admire the artwork. I love the way the clothes fold, and details such as hands and feet. I just can't stand stuff above neck level - then I start to get annoyed.

Why the sudden rant? Well, they've gone and made a Maximum Ride manga ... which actually looks good, truth be told. But what detail am I so frustrated over? Their faces. I. Can't. Stand. Their. Faces. The girls and little kids have too-big eyes. The older boys are alright ... but that's cause their boys.

I know this is pointless, and by right if I were ranting on an internet forum right now, people would shoot me down with spiky manga style hair spears.

There's only one thing I'm relatively happy about: The wings look awesome.

Sigh. Sometimes when I look at these things, I feel like I'm wearing black shoes in a world where people wear white.

Ps. No offence is meant to anybody who reads/watches/draws manga/anime. I'm just expressing how I feel.

No comments: