Monday, October 27, 2008

Everyone

The other day, we went to Uncle Nizar's open house barbecue dinner thingy, and everyone was sitting around talking and listening to Uncle Jeff's son play guitar. Then Mira was telling me about how her guitar was still a little out of whack and needed fixing. So I told her to just ask Papa. In the end, we sent Hanna to do the job of informing him:

Hanna: Papa, Kakak's G-string broke.
-silence-
Papa: You know, if you say it that way it means something else.
Everyone in vicinity: *crack up laughing*

Six year-old talk is def cute.

In another dimension of emotions, I'm having this feeling where I'm annoyed with the entire population of the world. It's never been of this scale before, so it's been ... quite interesting. Usually all this stuff is directed towards a lone individual, or just a particular group of people. But now I'm overly cynical and sarcastic and I can't feel ... cheery, y'know?

I was reading this pretty little poetic piece on Deviantart a few minutes ago about a girl and a boy. Usually I get all choked up reading this kind of stuff, but instead, I just raised my eyebrows and go, "Meh, they're all written the bloody same way. Is there no originality anymore? Sure sure, your boyfriend is miserable and makes you feel like crap and probably plays the emo violin, boohoo. Get a new one."

I don't get it. I used to love reading these little poetic semi-depressing snippets. Now they look like trash to me. I can't even talk to people without over-analyzing everything they say and do.

I'm sick of reading newspapers, too(stupid politics). And with exams coming up, I'm not reading much of anything else(stupid exams). I've stopped playing with the characters in my head. They bore me now. And, I'm confused with the spectrum of people I hang out with. Everyone's at extremes, either studying their asses off or not studying at all. Variety's nice and all, but sometimes I wish people would just stick to one thing, or at least stop being such dumbasses about what their extreme about. Doesn't help that I'm in middle ground and SA doesn't seem to produce many medium-achievement students, only multitudes of straight-A-scorers or failures. (No offence meant to anyone, your personality is not proportional to your exam score, live with it.)

Then there's the matter of NS, which I am not looking forward to at this point. I'll miss too many things. I don't feel ready.

I'm tired and I just want to clean out my brain of everything. Like starting fresh. Is this supposed to be a second puberty-anger phase or something? I'm not familiar with it.

I miss feeling optimistic and knowing what's right.

No comments: